Since Nichole Garcia of Luxe Laser Lounge is now offering laser and body waxing at Boom Boom 2 Brow Bar @ 30 Greenwich Avenue, we thought we’d share some important facts about the service for those not familiar with it.
Laser hair removal uses a laser to emit light/heat that’s absorbed by the pigment in hair, which damages the follicle and prohibits growth. The key to removing hair for good is catching it in the right phase, but since there is no way to tell what phase each follicle is in, it usually takes 6-8 sessions to remove hair for good in most areas and 8-10 for skin more affected by hormones.
The beauty is, in the long run it saves time and money because once the hair is gone, you no longer have to bother with razors, foam, waxing or tweezing – YAY!
Phases of Hair Growth
- Anagen - hair grows actively from the follicle – THE BEST FOR REMOVAL
- Catagen - hair stops growing and the follicle shrinks and breaks away from the dermal papilla, which supplies nutrients to the hair follicle. The dermal papilla then regresses.
- Telogen – hair follicle reattaches to the dermal papilla, and the follicle re-enters the anagen phase. As a new hair begins to grow, the old hair is pushed out of the follicle.
In addition to removing fuzz, laser treatments help even pigmentation, reduce ingrown hairs, minimize small veins and smooth the surface of the skin. It can be done on the arms, legs, fingers, toes, back, belly, face, underarms and more intimate areas as well.
Before a Laser Treatment
- Avoid the sun for 2 weeks prior to the service.
- Refrain from waxing, tweezing and exfoliating.
- Stop taking photosensitive medications – advise your technician about the medications you take and they’ll advise you from there.
After a Laser Treatment
- The heat from the laser may cause dryness; it’s a good idea to apply aloe vera or a gentle fragrance free lotion.
- Pores are open, so don’t go to the gym on the same day and do not go swimming for 2 days.
To book an appointment with Nichole, call 646-787-5889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
20% off the first purchase and packages come with free touch ups!
Share the love!